Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

History and politics

Right now I'm on the boat. We're going to the island of Patmos and we're staying in a hotel so it should be fairly nice. so far, and I hate saying it, what we've seen is kind of boring. We went to this big hill which was actuallly a tomb from a war on Marathon beach in Greece, so that was kind of cool. I mean under that hill of dirt and stuff was human bodies. I think I'm kind of morbid like that, I find that stuff fascinating. We also went to the US embassy and learned about the political and economic stuff. Fun fun. Tomorrow we'll be....well I'm not sure. We'll get to patmos at like 2 in the morning and sleep i think. Maybe we'll be going to a monastary and maybe to the beach. I'm really not sure. The weather is a little chillier than I thought it would be, and right now all of the swaying of the boat is really weird. I don't normally get motion sick, so we'll see how I do. We still have 4 hours to go. I think I'll sleep a bit too. The wildflowers are beautiful here, poppies and these purple flowers everywhere. Oh and I got a picture of a horse to show Joe's little sister Aubrey. I also noticed them twitching and want to know why they do that. She'll probably know.
With love from Greece,
Bri

2 comments:

  1. Horses twitch to keep the flies off of them since they can't swat at them like people do. :) Buddy used to do that.

    Enjoy your trip.

    Love you, miss you, be safe. :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRI!
    I just found this blog. I'm so excited to keep reading!
    Also, I was going to comment on the horse twitching, but it looks like someone beat me to the punch. Can't wait to read the other posts!

    ReplyDelete