Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

To walk in the footsteps...

Today we got to walk in the footsteps of The apostle Paul while we spent the day in Corinth. We saw the place Paul was tried in Corinth and a possible place where the synagogue was. I was amazed because the ancient city of Corinth was literally buried by dirt and things were built over the top. I cannot fathom why a city would just be covered and built over. Apparently Seattle is the same way. So all we were able to see were the excavated ruins, which were still cool but hard to imagine in their former glory, bustling with people. Anyway we also saw the ancient temple of the goddess Aphrodite. And some pretty vulgar and disturbing things went on in her temple. Afterward we drove to our hotel and had two hours to get settled and ready for dinner. I had what they call here spaghetti in the oven which is just baked spaghetti with tons of cheese and ham on the top. So good! Tomorrow we'll be going to alot of places with Greek names. Then we end up in Olympia, bit hopefully I'll have wifi to tell you all about he Greek places tomorrow!

From Greece with love,
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment